Sid Madge, creative partner of Bala-based Mad Hen has become a well-renowned speaker at workshops and events, providing valuable information for many businesses.
During the last year Sid has delivered numerous branding workshops on behalf of Business Wales providing businesses with a real insight into building their brand’s intrinsic value and forging a more emotional connection with their audiences.
So, to give a flavour of the advice Sid gives to companies through the workshops, we asked him to set out his top 5 tips on building brand value and improving marketing effectiveness.
- Over £40 million is lost every day in the UK through disengaged employees. So how might you get your staff, supply chain, etc more engaged and motivated?
- Try and find one hour a day for education. Whether it’s about your business or not it’s worth every minute.
- What brands do you admire, and why? What is it about them that you like and what can you learn about them that would benefit your business?
- Take time to listen. You already know what you’re about to say but you don’t know what you’re about to hear. Great businesses have great listening skills.
- See problems as innovation. The only problems you have are the ones you haven’t solved. Promote a culture of accepting problems as challenges. Be open to change.
Antur Teifi launched its new corporate identity earlier this year, following research with companies and stakeholders. The identity proudly reflects our roots in the Teifi Valley and our ambition as a quality provider of business services across Wales and further afield.