Williams Marine is a family business which has grown and diversified in a short time since its start-up in 2018. The business operates in shellfish catch and boat manufacture on two sites in Milford Haven and Llanelli.
The support delivered included:
- Help in devising a Business Plan, Marketing Plan and Financial Projections to raise bank finance.
- Liaising with the Carmarthenshire Growth Fund to raise grant funding.
- Liaising with the client to complete a successful application for the Pembrokeshire Lottery fund.
- An Introduction to the Welsh Government Fisheries project.
- Support with a Live Promotional Event.
- Introduction to specialist advisory support in Export, HR and Sustainability.
Specialist Export Support
- International trade support to look at the potential to export live produce into Qatar, France and Spain with links to Welsh Government support in each country and an understanding of method and process developed.
- Key partners introduced to enable the export process to be put in place.
- Export support into key markets for initial orders was provided including the USA and New Zealand.
- Exporting is now a key part of the business strategy.
Sustainability Review and Support
- Supported with the development of an Environmental Policy & appropriate monitoring strategy.
- Provided advice and guidance on-site management and pollution prevention, including templates and training materials.
- Signposted to energy-efficient refrigeration equipment and associated tax incentives.
Specialist HR Support
- Provided guidance on Written Terms and Conditions of Employment and Company Handbook
- Put appropriate policies in place, particularly Equal Opportunities Policy and Implementation Plan, Welsh Language policy
- Provided information relating to fair recruitment methodology, induction procedure and performance management.