Owner of Roy’s Cafe, Barir Eydan approached Business Wales in late 2019 while he was refurbishing a dilapidated cafe outlet that had been idle for 5 years and had once been a village hub for breakfast and lunch dining.
Whilst Barir was experience in catering and had previously been in a business partnership, he needed a sounding board and advice to aid his first solo venture.
A Business Wales Adviser was appointed and a package of general support was carried out that included:
- Advice on his leasing agreement.
- Signposting to support on his IT Infrastructure.
- Signposting to finance opportunities.
- Advice on his finance planning.
- Help with an establishing an overview of his start-up costs.
- Help with completion of Expression of Interest Forms for grant funding.
- Advice on marketing.
- And further signposting to workshops on HR, Marketing and Finance.
The business has now been reinstated as a village hub serving traditional breakfasts and lunches.
The COVID-19 crisis whilst providing a problem was soon overcome with Barir offering a phone and collect take away service.