Brownhill Holiday Park is a family holiday park in New Quay, West Wales.
The owners had invested heavily in a Wi-Fi scheme for residents which had never worked properly, an issue as 3G and 4G signals were poor in the area.
Telemat IT Services and the solution
During the initial meeting, it became clear that the owners wanted a simple Wi-Fi system to provide as much coverage as possible throughout the park, having the same network broadcasting across the whole area.
The owners were reluctant to commit to a large outlay until they were fully confident the scheme would work as required. As a Cisco Meraki partner, we were able to order trial hardware that we could install on a temporary basis as a proof of concept. Once that was done and both the owners and residents could see that the scheme would work as required, an order was placed and the scheme was installed.
The solution included:
- Identifying the best points to install the access points to give the best coverage
- Installing nine robust, weather-proof outdoor access points giving coverage over 30,000 square metres
- Installing a further indoor access point in the clubhouse for Wi-Fi access
- A brief testing period to ensure the coverage
- The Wi-Fi scheme was opened in May 2019, becoming an instant success with hundreds of devices connecting in the first few days. Over the busy summer period, usage peaked at over 1TB a week shared over hundreds of devices