A new unique escape room experience comes to Newtown with Business Wales support.
Faced with redundancy and keen to utilise their experience of developing bespoke games, Lorna Morris and Jo Woodall decided to start their own escape room business in Newtown. Beyond Breakout launched in January 2020 with support from the Welsh Government’s Business Wales service.
Business Wales appointed a Relationship Manager who helped Lorna and Jo with the initial idea development and the entrepreneurs supported by Business Wales with the following
- To create a business plan.
- Support in marketing and financial forecasting.
- Help to secure a package of finance from a number of different sources, including the Start-Up Loans Company and the NatWest Women in Business scheme..
- Further support in finding and securing the right property for the business, as well as negotiating the lease terms and conditions.
Business Wales support meant the following outcomes:
- A new successful start up business.
- £10,000 secured from the Start-Up Loans Company.
- The creation of 2 jobs into the Welsh Economy.
More recently, the Business Wales Relationship Manager has been proactive and invaluable in trying to find the business help to survive the COVID-19 outbreak.